Saturday, January 4, 2014

Israel


Like us on Facebook
www.familytc.com


Name: Shela  
Age: 12
State: CT



If you're looking for a great vacation spot where the sun is always shining and there is a variety of historical landmarks, then you have come to the right place to hear about one of those countries. Israel happens to be that country. I have been there multiple times and actually, I was born there. 

In order to get to there, I had to fly on a plane for about 11 hours. At first, I thought it would take forever, but trust me. I learned that this is all worth it. It has a wonderful and beautiful sea, called the Mediterranean Sea. My grandparents live in Ashkelon, right near that sea that has white sand and beautiful surroundings. But that isn't my favorite part of Israel. Israel has a famous landmark known as the Dead Sea. If you are unfamiliar with the Dead Sea, it is a beautiful sea with salt instead of sand at the bottom of the water. Also, it is the lowest point in world. What makes it so cool, is that you can lie down in the water without drowning. In other words, you float! This is because the water is very salty, so it prevents you from drowning. 


That isn't the only famous landmark in Israel. The country is also known for the Western Wall. The wall is the part of the second temple that was destroyed in the first century in Jerusalem. Today, this place is considered very holy by many people, and not only Jews. Many people visit the wall and pray there. My family and I did that once, when we went there. Also, you can go on a tour in Jerusalem and the guides will lead to the underground. You will discover that there is another “world” below the ground. That ground used to be the actual ground!

I could go on and on about my informational and unforgettable trips to this interesting country, however there are not enough words to describe the beauty and historical richness of this country. I strongly recommend that you go, and visit the amazing country.


No comments:

Post a Comment