Sunday, January 5, 2014

Mont Tremblant adventure

Name: Sasha
10 years
NJ


During winter break, my family and I went to ski in Canada to a place called Mont Tremblant. It was SUPER fun there! 

First of all, the place looks like a European fairy tale. Beautiful architecture covered in snow and icicles make the village look mystical.  We did it all - we went skiing, snow tubing, ice skating, and snowboarding... Some of the best parts were that I spent a lot of time with my loving family and amazing friends. 

We had so much fun at our ski-out hotel, Fairmont, were you get everything ready and set in the cozy and warm hotel, and then you walk outside, to ski straight down... There they are! The ski lifts! Some days I went with my friends and some days, I skied with my family. When we needed a break, we just skied to the lobby of the hotel to have some hot chocolate or to warm up near the fireplace. 

Some other fun things we did in Mont Tremblant were watching movies every day at the movie theater inside the hotel! And have I already mentioned hot chocolate at the snack bar!? Every day that I was there, I enjoyed myself more and more. While my parents really liked fancy French food, my favorite treat during the trip was the maple syrup lollipop. A really nice part of that was that my brother and I got to make them ourselves. We had Popsicle sticks and a big bucket of ice and then you had to pour the maple syrup in a straight line on top of the ice and let it dry for five seconds. After that you had to put the Popsicle stick on top of the maple syrup and wrap up the maple syrup onto the stick. 

It was a great trip and I was glad that all of us enjoyed it. I would like to go there again sometime for much much longer than a week, but the next time that I might go there, I wouldn't want my parents to spend so much money!

No comments:

Post a Comment