Sunday, January 5, 2014

My trip to Mexico


Name: Gabriella
13 years
NY



Out of all the wonderful places I have traveled to throughout my life, visiting Puerto Vallarta, Mexico was my absolute favorite. Walking through our hotel, Riu Palace Pacifico was quite an experience. I was astonished by the massive building that seemed never-ending in size. Tropical plants surrounded the entire resort straight through till the beautiful glistening ocean, so clear you can even see your reflection in the sky blue water. It was a breath taking scene that no words can put in perspective. If that wasn’t enough to take in, we even had a giant pool that was always open! The luxuries were overwhelming, and certainly an experience I’ll never forget.

Our suite was huge! It had two king-sized beds, two couches, a flat screen TV, and even a mini fridge with a variety of snacks and beverages that were restocked every day! However, our suite was surely not the best part of our trip. There were just too many amenities in the resort for us to stay in the hotel, although it was quite lovely. Every step I took was accompanied by a new and shocking experience that will surely stick with me for the rest of my life.

Everyday my family, friends and I would go to the beach. It would give us a chance to relax and enjoy the beautiful weather. Every day, it was sunny and warm, it almost seemed too perfect. It was such an escape from the life I usually live out here in New York. Sometimes it’s nice to take a break from reality and just enjoy your time with your family and friends. You should have seen the ocean! It sparkled like twinkling stars. It was so clean that you could see through it. The water was so clear you didn’t even need to go scuba diving to see the fish. They were beautiful! However, the best part of my time on the beach was spent going boogie boarding. We rented boards and every day we would all swim far out into the ocean where the waves were bigger. Just as the big waves would hit their peak, I would jump onto them and get carried all the way back to the shore. It was so much fun! I felt like I was on a roller coaster that could take you anywhere other than where the tracks lead to. I loved it. It was such an adrenaline rush


After spending time on the beach, playing in the sand, swimming in the ocean and boogie boarding, my friends and I would always end the morning with a nice swim at the pool. We all loved spending time in the pool, which was about the length of the hotel itself. It was huge and provided several fun activities besides swimming. There was even a small waterpark next to the pool with water slides, bridges and hills to play on. Inside the pool was a bar to always quench your thirst. My friends and I always went there and ordered either a pina colada or a strawberry daiquiri-nonalcoholic, of course. In addition to that, there were beach beds built under the water as far as the eye could see. If we were ever tired or just wanted to lie in the sun without being hot, we would always lay on them. Furthermore, there was a large area in the back of the pool with a tall, rocky mountain. We would climb the mountain and jump off one of the edges into the pool! The fun just kept on coming. Along with all of these great features, there were also fun activities such as competitions, games, and exercises. We loved playing volleyball and ping pong the most. It was great, everyone participated.

In addition to having fun on the beach and in the hotel, we also had an unforgettable experience swimming with dolphins. At first I was nervous because I thought that the dolphins were going to attack me or I was going to fall off of one (and I actually did). However, as I watched them do tricks, I realized how playful and fun they really are. I rode on them, swam with them and even kissed one of them! It was an amazing activity and we had a lot of fun. The pictures came out great too!

Our vacation in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico was very enjoyable and a memorable life experience. We had fun, relaxed, and now I have many new memories with my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment